Sadie Bell, the local kitten on Brewster St., gave us a pretty big scare last night. We’re all hanging out talking, when all of a sudden a loud terrifying hiss/scream rings out from up the stairs. My first thought was that Sadie had chewed through a wire and was being electrocuted. I never heard an animal scream like that before. Steph darted up the stairs and I ran up after her, and we found Sadie trapped in between the railing flapping around trying to get herself free. Steph grabbed her and pulled her out, and got a deep cut in her hand as a result because she was still panicking. We brought her downstairs and she limped over to her hiding spot underneath one of the chairs. We were all pretty worried that she was seriously injured, so we brought her around the corner to the animal hospital where she stayed overnight for x-rays.
Fortunately she was fine. She twisted her leg and because all the bones haven’t fully formed in her body yet, she managed to stretch out some cartilage up by her hip. So now she’s stuck with one hind leg that’s slightly longer than the other, but that should fix itself as she grows. She thanked us for our concern this morning by pissing all over my bed. But I’ll forgive her. Just glad she’s alright.